WAG How to not lose my skills!! Help!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

SweetSecrets15

Coach
Gymnast
Hey guys! So I'm currently training 3x a week for 4 hours w/ Xcel Platinum. However, at the end of the summer that is the end of my gymnastics training at my current gym. Initially I was supposed to do Club Gymnastics at my choice university but I didn't get accepted :/ so I'm reapplying for next semester but I now I'm worried about going from 12hrs a week to practically none for 4 whole months! My gym offers adult workouts once a week which would be free for me, but it's only an hour. It's like an open gym for adults. So I'd make sure to do that every single week. Also I have a trampoline at home, but there's but so much I can do on there. Lastly, I'm taking up ballet & strength/conditioning classes right after I stop gymnastics so hopefully that will help with my flexibility & strength.

But I'm really worried I'll lose the skills I'm working on now. I've never taken a break longer than 2 weeks from gymnastics, and no major injuries. Please, I need some advice on more things I can do to hold onto my skills, strength, endurance, and flexibility.

Are there any places with open gyms or other gyms that hold an adult workout that you can also attend?

I have been at meets with adults (think 30-ish women) competing Xcel, so there should be no reason, as long as your gym is on board, that you shouldn't be able to continue.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back