Parents Huge shout out to a kind older teammate :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Mrs. Puma

Gold Membership
Proud Parent
DD is by far the youngest on the team and desperately wanted her "friends" to come over. When I explained the age gap(and that we live about 20 minutes away and they all live very close to the gym) she came up with the great idea of a haunted house. But still, no one was getting back to me! Finally, last minute, one girl said she could come! Even though she was twice my daughter's age, she was a great sport and everyone had a blast! THANK YOU!!!!! She made my baby's night!!!! :)

That is awesome! I love hearing about the older ones bonding with the younger kids. Even if they are the same level, the little kids can't help but look up to the older kids and it sounds like this girl is a great role model. I'm glad everyone had a great time! :)

I love when the "big girls" bond with the littles! My dd is in a training group with girls from level 3 (dd) to level 10 (13years old). My dd was having a tough practice after her best buddy broker her arm and the big girls have her hugs and encouragement and cheered her on. At the end, she felt so much better ...and I shed a few tears :)

Love this too!

Our gym has a big sister program for the team girls, where the higher level/older girls are assigned a lower level/younger girl (not required, but I think they all do it). It is supposed to be like a secret santa thing where they just leave notes and little gifts for each other. But already all the girls know who each other are. It really boosts the spirits of the little girls and I think the same for the older ones as they get to feel like a real role model and looked up to by the younger. My DD just beams now when she talks about the older girls. It really makes for a nice unity within the gym.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back