Off Topic I need some motivation

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

This is gonna sound weird, but my AP European history test is Friday and I'm freaking out! I've spend 2 weeks doing nothing but studying for this one test!

It's been a crazy year, at the beginning of the school year I was taking a different ap class, then in January we decided for me to change schools so I could have a better learning environment and now I'm in a different class!

I can't study much anymore but I need to keep going!

Anyone that could offer some tips of words of encouragement I would greatly appreciate it!

I can't offer much but sympathy! I'm in the same boat this week! I had chemistry Monday, US history Friday, & English next Wednesday. I should be studying history right now, but CB is just so much more interesting ;) I LOVE science, so I had no problem focusing on chem. But history... grr... I got a 5 last year on World, & now my teacher is banking on me scoring that again... I just really am not interested in history.
But good luck on your test! To keep myself motivated, I have a conditioning list, & every so many pages, I do an exercise :) It helps me stay awake!

You will be fine. Get plenty of sleep, good food and try to go for a good walk today to clear your head. When I did my AP US history many moons ago, it was more a case of generally understanding the time periods and applying what you know than very specific details. Don't know if this is still the case, but anyway, keep calm, think through what you know and apply it. Rescue Remedy (natural herbal calming drops) is fantastic for exam stress (I know as I have sat many many exams in the US, England and France!) - you can get it in pharmacies. Good luck!

Remember there's a light at the end of the tunnel! Study hard, but not excessively. Before my A levels, a wise teacher told the class to STOP revision at 9 pm the day before the test, go for a walk, watch TV, do anything fun really, and let it be. Worked for me :)

If you feel like you can't study anymore then don't. Take a break, go for a run or walk or to the gym, or read a book or watch a TV show.
If you are forcing yourself it is unlikely to be quality study. take a break and come back refreshed.
Make sure you have a study plan.

I'm sure that you will be just fine. Do what you can to prepare, and then trust that you are prepared! You're a gymnast, pressure is your best friend! Good luck!

To keep myself motivated, I have a conditioning list, & every so many pages, I do an exercise :) It helps me stay awake!

I am having trouble with this statement. Are you sure motivating is the word you meant to use, and not "evil"? Perhaps this is why I am just the check writer and the chauffeur, and not the athlete! o_O :eek: :D

It's tomorrow! I think I'll be ok on multiple choice, it's the essays. My whole class is meeting tomorrow morning to not necessarily study but to keep our mind off it until it's time to go take it at 12. At least I don't have to go to school tomorrow. Thanks for all the advice.

Haha @BachFlyer and @Sari! I guess I am a nut! :) Whenever I'm dredging through 500 pages of something completely uninteresting, v-ups are a welcome break. Later in the evening, I even "reward" myself with bathroom breaks, teeth brushing, etc. Any excuse to get up and move around :)

That was awful, I want to cry. If fact I did cry. Atleast it's over
Aw I'm sorry it didn't go so well! The good news is that AP tests don't have a real impact on college admission. Just credits, which you can easily redo. US history wasn't bad. But parts of chemistry on Monday made me want to cry! And science is my thing!! Especially chemistry!! I won top chemist at all of my academic meets this year except one. Oh well... Such is life... Now we get to relax!! & focus on gymnastics! :)

Aw I'm sorry it didn't go so well! The good news is that AP tests don't have a real impact on college admission. Just credits, which you can easily redo. US history wasn't bad. But parts of chemistry on Monday made me want to cry! And science is my thing!! Especially chemistry!! I won top chemist at all of my academic meets this year except one. Oh well... Such is life... Now we get to relax!! & focus on gymnastics! :)
The dbq wasn't bad, multiple choice tho.... We finish and some when so how was number one... And then some one else said and 80.. Then I said and 2-79, gosh it was really specific. But the essays were actually pretty easy. Thank the lord!

Someday it'll be something you joke about. I messed up terribly on my oral A level examination in music despite getting straight A's on every previous test that year.
I cried for more than half of the day, was super sensitive at the gym, breaking out in tears over and over again, and even neglected the wonderful presents my poor mom and grandma had placed for me on the dinner table. I was a MESS!
That was pretty much exactly two years ago and I can only chuckle at how little that one result mattered in the big picture. In my experience, no one who matters, and I mean that, is going to ask you about this test in years to come. Unless you or they bring up how disappointed you were that you didn't do as well as you "should have" and you laugh about it together.

Good news is you took the test! That's an accomplishment of its own.

Agreed, two years from now no one is going to ask about that test. You win if you actually remember something you've learned in two years. ;)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back