WAG imagining pain?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

V

Vivianflips

I injured my hamstring in October not knowing it was my hamstring until November, so I took a month off. My orthopedist approved that I may start doing skills slowly again after a month. Today was a bit over the month mark so I did a few cartwheels along with my normal stretching. It didn't hurt to do them but after I "thought" I felt pain. I'm not sure if maybe it actually hurts or if I might just be confusing a bit of stiffness from not doing any tumbling for awhile for pain. Has anyone had this happen? I've been extremely nervous about starting to do skills again for fear that I'd never be able to tumble again. This leads me to believe that I may be imagining it or confusing it for stiffness. If I do any more small skills and experience pain before my next appointment, I will rest and contact my ortho immediately.
Note: I can not compete due to time conflicts so I'm in no rush to get back to tumbling, I just really enjoy gymnastics and do not want to injure my hamstring again.

Likely just felt "weird" after taking a break, and I would guess that you lost some flex and strength in that area also so it may feel different. If it persists for another practice or two or worsens I would recommend a doctor.

But this is all of my very unqualified opinion!!!!

@All Chalked Up Thank you for the second opinion! I feel no "pain" today so I'm guessing you are correct in the fact that it just feels weird after not doing it for awhile. I'm quite excited to get back to tumbling slowly now, forward rolls and backward rolls (really only what I was allowed to do) aren't exactly super fun after level 1!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back