MAG Injured

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Men's Artistic Gymnastics

skschlag

Staff member
Gold Membership
Proud Parent
So, D is injured. He was doing high bar, and his finger slipped out of a grip, and his wrist bent funny. He didn't tell anyone for 2 days, but today was crying. So we went in. Now we wait to see if it is sprained (hopefully), broken, or has a torn ligament. It was really tender at the docs, and is braced until we know more.

D without gym...should be interesting..

Oh no... I hope it's nothing big! He's been having such a good year. Good luck with the diagnosis and a sidelined child.

Poor kiddo. These kids are so tough and they don't want to stop doing what they love. They are used to being sore, so I think it's sometimes hard for them to know when they need to stop. Here's hoping it's "just" a sprain. (((hugs)))

Oh, gosh, I am sorry to hear that for him (and you)! I'm sending healing fairies D's way. I'm sure there will be plenty he can do in the gym until he heals, though. When mine broke his elbow and was in a cast, the coaches were able to give him a modified workout so at least he could stay in shape and be with his team mates. I know it still stinks, though :(

Yeah. He is out until MOnday for sure...no matter waht the xrays show. I told him we might go in for an hour tomorrow...tramp and stretching, bike, etc. Then repeat on Friday. We shall see. Of course, if it is more than a sprain, we will have to reevaluate.

On a positive..I suddenly had a ton of free time on my hands...I kinda like that :)

Oh, geez, so sorry to hear this! Be sure to let us know what you hear. Are you seeing an orthopedist today?

We are just getting the xray results today. We saw his GP yesterday. I love the 2 we see...one was a gymnast, and one has 2 children who are gymnasts. So they get it! It is so nice.

So glad to hear it was just a sprain! My ds would be interesting without gym too, so I totally understand how you were feeling. The free time would be nice though!

Well, he still can't support, hang, swing, or tumble :( He did work tucks and aerials, front and back fulls on tramp, but that is about it. He is getting so frustrated. He just wants to do his stuff! LOL! He tried high bar yesterday and after about 3 seconds of hanging, dropped down and took off the grips :( His goal is Thursday to do everything, I am thinking Monday is more realistic. So hard to watch him so frustrated!!

I hope he's willing to take the time to heal fully -- remind him that it will be much worse if he aggravates it and has to sit out for weeks!

There's no rose pricklier than an injured gymnast. You have my sympathy.

He isn't getting PT, except at gym. the asst. coach is a PT Aide, and is workign with him on some therapy when they are doing things he can't do. The head coach is taking it slow with his return. He was able to support on rings yesterday for a brief amount of time. Hopefully by Monday I am thinking, and I keep telling him that. LOL. 10 year olds are tenacious!

Glad to hear your son is on the mend. :) There have been several injuries in our gym as the boys are testing new learned skills. Sometimes the sprains are worse than the breaks. I hope he has a speedy recovery for him as well as you. Yeah, you have lots of free time but with an energetic boy, your going to wish he was back in the gym full time! Ha, ha.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back