Coaches Is there anyone that would be willing to critique a few Level 3 routines for me?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

sevenatenine2

Coach
Proud Parent
I have gotten back into coaching after a lengthy hiatus. I am only coaching a low level (3) team, but we went to our first meet and there were a few scores that were quite a bit lowest than I expected. I know we have tons of little things to clean up but I was wondering if I am missing something huge. To be fair, my gymnasts scored higher than most and the gymnasts that I eyeballed that looked similar to mine scored about the same, so maybe scores have just tightened up since my last coaching experience.

I'd rather email video than post here since I don't have parental permission for all of them, so if you wouldn't mind watching the routines and telling me what glaring deductions you see, I'd appreciate it and would email you the routines.

I'd rather email video than post here since I don't have parental permission for all of them, so if you wouldn't mind watching the routines and telling me what glaring deductions you see, I'd appreciate it and would email you the routines.

If that's the case I don't think you should be sharing videos with people you don't know. This is a public forum, and not everybody is who or what they say they are.

If my coach was e-mailing videos of my kids to people she didn't know on an internet forum, I'd report her to the Governing body at least, if not to the police.

Don't you have senior coaches at your club you could sit and run through them with, or approach a higher level coach at another local gym? Although I'd also be asking the parents if you could do that too. Not only to protect the kids, but also yourself- you have to be so careful these days not to open yourself up to allegations of any sort.

To clarify, I discussed getting opinions from other coaches via e-correspondance, but not putting them out there publicly such as on this forum or YouTube or anything, which is why I avoided doing so.

My own child is one of the competitors, so I'll just start with her. Thanks for your concern.

I would send only your child. I would look at hers through pm here. You can out a video on YouTube that is shareable only through a link you give others.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back