WAG It's meet time!!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Just when I thought my daughter couldn't be happier with her team she is. 5 of her 6 teammates from last year are going to move up with her, she added an old teammate from her first gym and the three repeating Level 4s are great. This team is going to be even more fun than last year (and they should compete for some team titles, too). I get so excited to see her compete and this first meet will be special because she's dedicating her performance to her great grandmother who just passed away. Saturday is meet day!!!

Good luck to all of you who start the fall season soon! Here we go again!!!

First meet is Sunday for us (well, Saturday for some of the levels). Seems like it has been ages since the last meet (first weekend of December, so nearly 10 months).

Good luck to both of your daughters this weekend! Hope they both have an excellent time :) We have Judges Critique meet in 2 weeks, but my kiddo is probably only going to do bars. She's nursing an ankle sprain. Now we have to fit in 3 days of PT on top of 3 days of gym for the next 4 weeks! Fun stuff! ;) Let us know how it goes!

Good luck to all those who compete this weekend. Maryn's Mom..hope your DD gets that ankle healed up soon.
Kadee's gym doesn't have their first competition till Dec. (they just do the winter/spring meets)

First meet for us is in 7 weeks - thank goodness, because DD still has some work to do, especially on vault and beam!

Compulsory season here is fall--our gym's meet is this weekend, then 1st State qualifier the following weekend. Will be cheering on all our compulsories (and, of course, all the girls here!)

DD (age 6) had her first level 4 meet last Saturday and will have the second one this weekend. She LOVED it. She was a bit nervous but once we got there and saw her teammates she was just bouncing like crazy. She pulled herself together and remembered all the routines. She was proud that she got to compete on all 4 events and we thought she did great. She has watched DS (age 8) compete for 2 years so she has been waiting her turn! In the first meet they had a 6 year old age group so she won some medals and even a trophy; we are hoping that she understands not every meet will be like that. This weekend it might even be 6-8 year olds. She is very tiny (36 lbs) and does best at floor and beam--bars and vault are pretty ugly. She tries and has a smile on her face almost 100 percent of the time!!

So glad she had a great first meet. I'll keep my fingers crossed for and equally successful second go!

DD just gave me a rundown of all of her deductions she hasn't corrected and where she's most likely to fall on beam tomorrow. Never seen her this nervous. Only so many times I can say "relax and have fun" before I started getting worked up from listening to her!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back