WAG Just starting 9yo DD in gymnastics

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

2tMama

Proud Parent
Help I have a nine year old that has been doing competitive cheer for several years but is switching to full gymnastics. Looking for advice. She is doing rec for a month and trying out for Xcel! Would love to hear others thoughts suggestions etc.

I do gymnastics (I'm not 42) it's amazing and great for your body

First of all, please feel free to join the Xcel Social Group. There are a lot of parents and gymnasts that have experience with the specifics of Xcel. :)
Xcel is awesome because from the beginning, they can have "individualized" routines. Many gyms have all of their Bronze Division girls do their routines to the same music and have BASICALLY the same routine - maybe different tumbling and jumps, depending on skill level. The good thing about Xcel is that you won't hear the same music 72 times in a session... and the judges can only judge what they see as opposed to what they SHOULD be seeing - a misplaced hand is not an automatic deduction.
Some gyms also have Silver Division gymnasts do the same basic routines (or they give a FEW choices of music and skill options). By the GOLD division, MOST gyms allow each girl to have their own music and individual routines. There are 2 higher divisions and all gyms let them have their own routines.

Good luck and welcome!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back