WAG Level 10 floor routine

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

GYMMOM29

Proud Parent
I am trying to determine the start value of a floor routine for level 10. The skills are round off back handspring double back (or double pike), switch ring to switch side, front layout to front pike, 1 1/2 turn, and round off 1 1/2 to front layout. Can you please explain the value and the bonus for each skill and the combination?

Thanks!

Not a coach or a judge but just basing it out of my daughter's routine. It is a .1 bonus for the double tuck or double pike. Then another .1 bonus for the switch ring to switch side. If your daughter did a front layout front layout front pike, that would be .2 bonus; so maybe a front layout to front pike is only .1. I think the front 1 1/2 to front layout gets a .1. So, I am getting a start value of 9.9 with .4 in bonus. I could be wrong. Just trying to help. I've stopped trying to familiarize myself with all the values. I am sure someone more knowledgeable will answer soon.

I got the same as 4thelove except I think the final pass is .2 bonus not .1

Doube Back/pike pass is a D so gets a .1 bonus
Switch Ring to Switch Side is C+C so gets a .1 bonus
front layout front pike is B+B direct acro - .1 bonus
1.5 to front layout is C+B direct acro - .2 bonus

I get a 10.0 start value

Thanks the fellowsmom. OP, I hope you don't mind me briefly hijacking this thread. What is the turn on one foot requirement in L10 for floor? My daughter does a 1 1/2 memmel turn but coach is saying it has to be a double and would not let her use the 1 1/2 last season unless it was a double. She said the same thing when my daughter only had a 1 1/2 turn with leg in parallel two years ago. Just curious.

I think the double back pass gets .2 (A+A+D direct connection).

Also, 4 the love... I think your coach is off on the requirements (you need a minimum of a "B" turn on one foot to avoid a composition deduction of .2). A 1.5 turn is a B... but you might get a slight up to competitive level deduction for the 1.5 turn if most people are doing a more difficult turn. An L turn or Y turn (your dd's Memmel turn) more than meets the requirements even if they aren't double turns.

I thought that hands down skills didn't count for connections. Only elements with flight and without hand support can be used for cv bonus?

If you whipped into the double back then you would get .1 for the d skill and .2 for the a+d connection for a total of .3, but the bhs connection gets you nothing extra as far as I can tell, but you still get .1 for the d/e bonus.

Thanks 2gymmies. That is what I've always thought.

I also think the double back only gets a .1 bonus based on what thefellows states.

Correct - bonus only applies to salto/aerial skills. You can get connection bonus for whip to double back tuck. No connection bonus for BHS to double back tuck. Either way, you still get +0.1 for the "D" double back tuck.

Thanks the fellowsmom. OP, I hope you don't mind me briefly hijacking this thread. What is the turn on one foot requirement in L10 for floor? My daughter does a 1 1/2 memmel turn but coach is saying it has to be a double and would not let her use the 1 1/2 last season unless it was a double. She said the same thing when my daughter only had a 1 1/2 turn with leg in parallel two years ago. Just curious.

Sounds like your coach wants her to have a "D" level turn for bonus.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back