WAG Level 3 Front Hip Circle Deductions...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gymreally?

Proud Parent
Hi there,
I'm wondering if it's "better" to compete a front hip circle with bent arms or use the spot in an attempted (but probably failed) front hip circle with straight arms.
My daughter can reliably complete a front hip circle with bent arms and equally reliably fail to complete a front hip circle with straight arms.
By "better", I'm curious about deductions in each scenario as well as what's better for the kid in the long run.
Thanks!

my DD had bent arms and was able to still get a 9+ (low end). She was consistent in the mid to high 8s or low 9s with her only low 8 being when she fell on the mill circle. I don't imagine that a 9 is possible at all with a spot.

No, getting a spot will result in a coaching deduction (0.5) plus what percent of the skill the judges deem is being completed by the coach (up to 0.6 I believe). Bent arms are up to 0.3 if I remember correctly.

One of my level 3s just won her district championships with a bent arm front hip and a score of 9.5.

I did mine with bent arms when I was in l3 (two years ago), and was able to get consistent nines. I even came in second at state.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back