WAG Level 4 vs Level 5 vs Level 7 vault FHS

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gymmomtotwo

Proud Parent
Quick question, would a Level 4 vault that scores 9.3 score 9.3 in level 7? Are they scored the same in each level, or are there additional requirements that come into play? Curious how this works as the gymnast goes for a long time without changing vaults.

No, they are evaluated on different aspects from what I understand. At some point, a gymnast has to have a good block off the table.

But people way more knowledgeable than I am will chime in, I'm sure.

The expectations definitely get higher as the levels go up. I'd say a vault that scores 9.3 in level 5 will be 8.9 in level 7. My dd competed old level 7, but at that point, the girls have very strong FHS vaults. If they're not getting a really strong block and have any body position faults, they're not going to get in to the 9s.

It definitely seems to change, but I am not a coach so wouldn't know how much. But more is obviously expected at the higher levels.

I HOPE more is expected by judges as the levels get higher! - otherwise, my DD has not improved at all at the FHS vault in 4-5 years because she still scores around the same as an optional as she did as an "old L5" :/.

Here is a vault, that explains the front handspring vault to me anyway.......I had a hard time understanding what my DD was supposed to look like in L4, as she flopped over the table. This is an amazing vault in L7 even, and is very hard to achieve.

Here is a vault, that explains the front handspring vault to me anyway.......I had a hard time understanding what my DD was supposed to look like in L4, as she flopped over the table. This is an amazing vault in L7 even, and is very hard to achieve.

That's probably the best FHS vault I've ever seen!

It seems the Wildfire girls can all do killer vaults! On another note I recall reading on the vault cheat sheet level 6 and 7 have an extra deduction for angle of repulsion.

WOW! Should have been a 10 :).

I too would like to know...was she wearing nail polish, for ex? I am no coach, but that was one **** of a vault!!
It looked like maybe her feet landed slightly in front of each other? Coming apart EVER SO SLIGHTLY on the way down? Maybe?

DD had two teammates at L7 who could vault like that, though I think each one only managed to stick it a few times because they both had so much power coming out of it. I really wish I'd taken a video of one that still sticks out in my memory. The height she got off the table was unbelievable.

Are JO L4 and L5 allowed to use a minitramp instead of a springboard?? If so, has that always been the case? Have never seen anyone competing with anything other than a springboard. Vault would have been much less awful for DD at old L5 if she could have used the minitramp, haha!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back