WAG Level 6 floor routines?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

balancedmom

Proud Parent
HI all-- Coaches/parents, any experience in scores for L6 floor routine 2 tumbling passes (ROBHSBT and FT) vs 3 (ROBHSBT, ROBHSFP, FT). Will DD score lower with only 2 passes if they are clean? do judges want to see 3 passes? thanks

Two passes are perfectly acceptable & arguably preferable in terms of scoring in level 6. More passes = more opportunities for deductions. As long as she's meeting the requirements she'll be fine. There are no composition deductions in level 6, so many gyms compete with the "less is more" strategy.

We do 3 passes at our gym because HC's philosophy is to move them to 7 mid-season (mainly if bars are there) or even try to have the following season be a split 7/8 season. Generally his feeling is to have them training and competing "more" as means to make their future transitions easier. Our girls score very well with their 3 passes, so I think it comes down to what a gymnast can execute well - whether it is 2 passes or 3.

Both two and three passes can score very well. I've seen over a 9.5 with two passes at both L6 and L7 and the same with 3 passes.

Both can score well. I'd say last year I saw about half the routines with 2 passes, about half with three.

So..(I'm getting ahead of myself since she isn't even attempting to score out of 4/5 for another 5 months or so) in level 6 two passes is fine, but in 7 three is preferred? Right now she's doing three passes in Xcel Gold, and even though she's taking extra deductions, I think HC wants her to do three to prepare for the future.

2 passes is fine for both L6 and L7. Sometimes you even see it in L8, but that is more rare. More passes = More deductions, so it's better to do 2 really good passes rather than 3 mediocre ones.

2 passes is fine for both L6 and L7. Sometimes you even see it in L8, but that is more rare. More passes = More deductions, so it's better to do 2 really good passes rather than 3 mediocre ones.
Thanks. Do you think it's wise then that she's doing 3 in Xcel gold? Again, the goal is not necessarily scoring super well, but looking ahead for optionals....

It depends on the coach's preference, really. All optionals, including 6s, do three passes at our gym, per the coach. I believe our coach's reason is for building endurance for higher level optionals.

HI all-- Coaches/parents, any experience in scores for L6 floor routine 2 tumbling passes (ROBHSBT and FT) vs 3 (ROBHSBT, ROBHSFP, FT). Will DD score lower with only 2 passes if they are clean? do judges want to see 3 passes? thanks

Can I ask what the 2nd one is? ROBHSFP?
I cannot figure out the FP, other than FacePlant - LOL! - and I know that is not a preferred skill...

Thanks! I'm good with it. I'm being a good little gym mom and "trusting in coach" lol. And she's not scoring great, but well enough to be placing most of the time. She's won vault both meets so being on the top of the podium is good for her confidence! She was disappointed to get 4th AA this last meet (and it was super small).but I talk to her about how this season is really just a "practice year".
I think any competition experience is good at this stage. 3 passes helps build endurance. But from a scoring standpoint, if that is important to you -- 2 passes is safer.

The only thing I could think of for FP was front pike. Maybe she meant back pike? My DD did a FHSFP in L6.

Thanks. Do you think it's wise then that she's doing 3 in Xcel gold? Again, the goal is not necessarily scoring super well, but looking ahead for optionals....
I think whatever is best for her to get the requirements in is best. Some kids can't do all that is required in 2 passes, so 3 is necessary.

What skills does she do in each pass?

I think whatever is best for her to get the requirements in is best. Some kids can't do all that is required in 2 passes, so 3 is necessary.

What skills does she do in each pass?
ROBHSBT, FT, ROBHSBT

I think that they are preparing her for L7, right? (I am just a mom, not a coach or expert or anything)
most of our 6's do ROBHSBLO, FHSFT, ROBHSBT. Our 7's do ROBHSFull, FHSFT of FHSFT or FTstepoutFP, ROBHSBLO

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back