WAG Level 7 Bars

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I thought Level 7 bars were pretty standard, but I have seen lots of funky stuff this season and I'm just curious about deductions and start values. Some of the routines were clearly missing elements (I've seen a few do kip, cast (not to HS), clear hip (again, not HS), flyaway...I'm sure that is a lower SV because of the missing HS circling element). The one I'm most intrigued with though is this one:

Kip-Cast HS-clear hip HS-kip-squat on-kip-Cast HS-giant-baby giant-flyaway

I'm not sure how that one is scored or if there are SV deductions. I try and watch scores but there's so much going on I can't be sure I've matched the right score to the right routine.

Any coaches or judges out there give me an idea on this? (Obviously, there may be deductions for bent arms, form, etc...I'm just curious if there is a SV reduction or an SR deduction)

Kip-Cast HS-clear hip HS-kip-squat on-kip-Cast HS-giant-baby giant-flyaway

I think this would meet the requirement - they are probably adding the baby giant in before the flyaway cause they are more comfortable dismounting that way, but the free hip and the regular giant met the requirements.

Most people don't do extra skills cause extra skills mean extra deductions, but sometimes you got to do what you got to do...

In our state/region, the typical routine is kip, squat-on, cast hs, free hip to hs, giant, layout fly away

But sometimes you will see kip, free hip to hs, squat on, cast hs, giant, giant, layout fly away.

I don't recall seeing anything other than these routines.

In our state/region, the typical routine is kip, squat-on, cast hs, free hip to hs, giant, layout fly away

But sometimes you will see kip, free hip to hs, squat on, cast hs, giant, giant, layout fly away.

I don't recall seeing anything other than these routines.

The second one is the one we mostly see as it best feeds into the standard (if that is an accurate word) Level 8 routine.

Under swing to flyaway should be an extra swing. .3

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back