WAG Level 7 music length and passes

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Our coaches only allow 2 passes at L7 and L8. Less room for deductions. Our gym had four region 3 Floor champs, and 8 more who finished top 3 at regionals. (almost our entire team) I would say it is an effective strategy. It's a different philosophy than some gyms who want that third pass. I think the music is about 1 minute.

My DDs gym does two passes at L7 and three at L8. They use two cuts of the same music. My DDs L7 music is 1:06.

Reactions: sce
2 passes, music length about 1:20. A couple state/regional floor champions every year with the 2 passes. As with all events, competing the cleanest routine that meets level requirements seems to be the philosophy.

3 passes not necessary at all for great floor scores. There be good reasons to do three but scoring high is not one of them.

Both 2 and 3 passes. Depended on the girl. Sometimes depended on the day and meet. The routines were always being fine tuned. For states and regionals, some girls even added more complicated elements. The girls were happy and all the parents were proud. :)

My dd did

Level 7 - round off bhs layout and front handspring front pike
Level 8 - round off bhs full and punch front layout front tuck.

I was worried about an up to level deduction at level 8 especially at state and regionals since most people do three passes but she scored above 9.5 at both meets so no problems there.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back