Little sister sick

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

J

Janetgym

Hi!

My little sister (I should say younger sister) had the flu 3 weeks ago and she still has not recovered yet. I mean she is not sick but she is always tired and she can't train hard. Is this normal to be tired for so long? I was sick for 3 days and then it was over.

She does not want to compete anymore because she can't train hard skill and she does not want to compete if she is not ready. What should I tell her to encourage her?

Thank you.

Janetgym

It can take quite a while to feel yourself again after having flu. She needs to take it easy and ease back in to gym slowly.

All you can do is reassure her that this is normal and she will get back to feeling fine. My oldest is going back to the gym after being out for three weeks, we know it'll be tough and the coach will work hard to make sure she doesn't do too much.

My 8 yr old was diagnosed with Flu last week. She has been out of school and gym all week long. Long after the fever is gone they are still left with coughing and fatigue. We all know what even one week out of the gym means, but health is most important. It will take time to feel 100% and she should not over do it or she may find herself out of the gym again. Maybe not do full practices yet so she doesn't get over tired. I know when you are young and are feeling better you want it all back again quickly, but it really will take a couple weeks to get back to that pre-illness condition. Tell her to be patient, it happens to everyone at sometime. She should take it easy, make sure she gets plenty of rest and drink LOTS of fluids. Wash hands frequently in and out of the gym. Gyms and schools are very germie places!! If she had no appetite and lost a couple pounds she may want to start adding some healthy foods back into her diet again too. ((HUGS))

We are going thru all this now as well, and DD has a meet this weekend that we just aren't sure we are sending her too. It is a fun PJ meet though & she had sectionals already and qualified so if she does really bad, we really don't care, but we won't know until tomorrow or Sat how she feels.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back