WAG Lofty Goal

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Has anybody ever had a very lofty gymnastics goal that they will most likely not reach, but they just can't let go of it? We're not talking about Olympics big but very big for what my goal's expectations are, but in a way I feel like I could possibly make it. I know the immediate reaction is "you don't know until you try" but I've never been one to take really big chances and I am not one for change especially if the result is rejection. Thoughts?

Yup, I have always had the goal to become an optional... who knows if that will happen! Big dreams usually can lead to success with hard work! You won't know until you try, and lots of accomplishments happen outside of peoples comfort zones.

Yes! When I started at an older age (12), my lofty goal was just to compete & considering the fact that my gym didn't have a team, this seemed impossible. They ended up creating a team & I was on the first level 4 team.
Then I set my lofty goal of competing level 8 before I graduate. So I'm working hard toward that for next season! I competed 7 this year, but I'm VERY behind on bars, so I don't know if I'll be able to swing it (no pun intended lol).
My next lofty goal after that is to compete club in college, which is by level 9 rules.

The situation is that I am a pretty successful level 10 gymnast looking to do college gymnastics but the recruiting process has become asinine and very difficult. I have a dream school that is known for recruiting very successful gymnasts, but I am just not up to that level, but I literally think of the school 24/7. I am ol

My lofty gymnastics goal is to learn a free hip shaposh on bars. I'm currently a college club gymnast and don't have a coach, but I competed level 9 before going to college. I'm hoping I can get a coach at my home gym to teach me one over summer break. Another is a yurchenko full and competing a double back on floor. I'm currently coming back from my second ankle surgery though, so I don't know how I'm going to make any of this happen.

Mine would be to compete level 8. I'm 14 now and a level 5 (two and a half years of gym) I just really want to compete a flipping vault, and level 8 it always something I've look up two as my Olympics.

My goal was originally to be on a competitive gymnastics team, which seemed way out of the question since I was in rec classes at age 13. But I worked hard and moved up to pre-team, and then to team. Competed throughout high school and did one level per year until senior year, when I repeated level 7 due to not having floor skills.

Other lofty goals have been back handsprings on beam (which I achieved for a short while before losing the skill due to not working it), giants and cast handstands on bars (had it in high school but no longer). Lofty goals that I'm still working on are the full turn in split with hand support and full twisting layout on floor.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back