long hang/swing pullover

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gymgurl

Coach
Gymnast
Well i have my first competition in 6wks and need a swing pullover. Well i think i could do it if i knew a bit more about technique like when to tap, at the moment i am tapping like a normal swing just harder, where to tap etc and any other technical details i should know.

any other useful tips would be helpful as well!!!

The only advice i can give is to start off with a hollow swing, then do a quick arch/tap around when you are hanging completely perpendicular to the floor (when you are straight up and down), and from there just pull your hips to the bar and shoot your legs to the wall behind you.

Goodluck

Thanks i think i needed that little bit of advice with the hollow swing before but i think what i really need is how i can get my hips to the bar, is there any magic secret as to what to do

The extra power from the arch straight to a big pull should get your hips to the bar. (your power is coming from the tap after the hollow).

If that isn't working then make sure you ride the swing long enough (but keep pulling through the swing obviously). Don't rush into bringing your thighs to the bar too quickly, make sure your swing is high enough to get your hips on.

hollow - arch - pull - ..wait.. -hips

Let me know how it goes.

thats really helpful i wasn't pulling as such and i think i was tapping at the wrong time. What lvl are you in btw?

The extra power from the arch straight to a big pull should get your hips to the bar. (your power is coming from the tap after the hollow).

If that isn't working then make sure you ride the swing long enough (but keep pulling through the swing obviously). Don't rush into bringing your thighs to the bar too quickly, make sure your swing is high enough to get your hips on.

hollow - arch - pull - ..wait.. -hips

Let me know how it goes.
Hey this really helped!! i tried it today during training and got it!! i continually thought the hollow arch pull hips and it worked!!! thank you heaps!

Awesome, and congrats, glad i could help!

What lvl are you in btw?

I'm level 5 in Ontario (OCP), moving up to L6 next season. I also coach rec and am an assistant coach for the competitive team (for experience because i want to coach competitive one day).

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back