Parents Looking for a bar fairy

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

mom2kazkids

Proud Parent
OK DD is getting ready for level 5 for the winter season. Starting to learn beam and floor routines, getting to start going over the horse for vault, and suddenly on bars nearly straight arm kips. Problem is the squat on and jumping to the high bar. She will jump to the high bar but will not do it with the squat on unless the coach is holding her arm. She has been told that she has until the end of the month to get it, or will be back to level 4 for the first two meets of the winter season. So frustrating since everything else is starting to look fo nice. She totally surprised her coach with her split jump on beam, and her back extension rolls on floor. I am amazed at the kips that she has been making.

I really need all the bar fairies out there sent on up to WI.

Thanks

I will send Beetle's Bar Fairies down your way.. they shoudl be there later tonight! :)

One thing our coaches have done when a kiddo is afraid of jumping to the high bar is putting a large ProPit under the high bar.. this way if they miss it isnt such a big fall.. could they do something like that?

I feel your pain and sending our fairy your way! We have done the mat thing, but DD's comfort level was with the coach standing right under her, not necessarily touching but he had to stand there. It took her 2 years (3 seasons) to finally "get" it!

Sending her fairies for bars!! The jump to the high bar is scary sometimes. Hoping she can get it all put together so she can do some meets at L5 this spring. :)

Lots of luck and fairies heading your way! You can do it!! Just gotta believe in yourself. I know you can do...go show the bars who's boss :)

She WILL get it! I have watched several girls struggle with this and they ALL get it eventually. It seems kind of hard that she is only given until the end of the month. I hope it comes to her soon! Sending bar fairies your way!

Meg

We are sending the bar fairies to Bug!!!!!My dd when she 1st started doing the squat on and jump to hb not a problem then all of a sudden would not do them.Finally started doing them but only on her special bars.Her coach would set the other bars to the same setting but she still would only do them on her special bars.Two months of only practing on her bars she now can practices on any of the sets .

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back