MALE COACH WANTED IN NORTH CAROLINA

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

N

NC COACH

We are looking for a male gymnastics coach with developmental gymnastics experience through level 10/elite. This would be a full time position. For the right candidate we can offer assistance with relocation, and a very competitive salary, not to mention a competitive meet pay scale, and opportunity for private lesson pay through out the year (in which 100% of the private lesson fee goes directly to the coach at our gym)

Who and what are we looking for?
1. We are looking for someone who wants to be a part of an ambitious, motivated, and invested staff.
2. We are looking for an aggressive coach but also a team player.
3. We are looking for someone who sincerely cares about their reputation as well as the reputation of the program they are working with.
4. We are looking for someone who will coach 2-3 recreational classes a week, and be a primary coach in our pre-team/TOPS training groups.
5. We are also looking for someone that can help take our program to the next level. A level that demands respect from other competitors and programs.

If you think you are THIS someone that we are looking for please get in touch with me ASAP via TEXT:
724-SevenSixOne-6109 I will then give you an email that you can send your resume and coaching portfolio to.

Are you looking for a male coach, as in a coach who is male, or a coach for male (as in boys/men) gymnastics?

Not 100% clear :)

Plus if the former are you allowed to specify the sex of prospective employees? There's nothing in the job description that suggests male anatomy is essential to the role.

I don't know what your sex discrimination rules are in the us, but here there are strict rules on whether you can specify male/female employees in job descriptions.

Bored, and interested!

I've been looking at job postings on USAG and it's not uncommon for them to mention they are looking for a coach who is male to coach a girls team. Occasionally someone will specify that they would prefer a female coach, but that seems to be far less common. No idea about the legalities.

http://www.eeoc.gov/laws/practices/

Directly from the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission's website:

"It is illegal for an employer to publish a job advertisement that shows a preference for or discourages someone from applying for a job because of his or her race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or genetic information.

For example, a help-wanted ad that seeks "females" or "recent college graduates" may discourage men and people over 40 from applying and may violate the law."

I've been looking at job postings on USAG and it's not uncommon for them to mention they are looking for a coach who is male to coach a girls team. Occasionally someone will specify that they would prefer a female coach, but that seems to be far less common. No idea about the legalities.
That's troubling.

It's clearly and unequivocally illegal. This is from the EEOC website:
Job Advertisements
It is illegal for an employer to publish a job advertisement that shows a preference for or discourages someone from applying for a job because of his or her race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or genetic information.

For example, a help-wanted ad that seeks "females" or "recent college graduates" may discourage men and people over 40 from applying and may violate the law.

The biggest problem with this thread is that every comment has to go through and approval process (also known as more work for Bog).

Be better to mirror the topic and link to ad.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back