Medals and Ribbons

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

leapfrog

Gymnast
Judge
So on the eve of my first meet of the season grumbling to myself, i was wondering how everywhere else worked.
Here none of the regular comps give out medals. at least in T&T. no medals, no loot bags, just ribbons for 1st-8th (and they are usually really boring ribbons). medals are reserved for 'important' meets (provincials, westerns, nationals). But this is onlyy for T&T. artistic meets give out medals and loot bags and all sorts of cool stuff.
So i have seen a few threads saying that sometimes meets give out medals for more than just 1st-3rd, but does anywhere not give out medals at all?

How much are your entry fees? Be careful what you wish for, medals may double entry fees. Do you really need a medal to tell yourself that you did a good job?

Our meets give out ribbons except invitationals, Championships, and Y - Nationals... and yes, they are boring.

But sometimes it a good thing for kids to compete for the joy of competing and the way it develops them as athletes rather than for medals, trophies and loot.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back