WAG Meet / Meet Director Question

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ckulat

Proud Parent
Hello all! I was wondering, as I do not see it in any of the Meet Director's Rules, can you have 2 Meet Director's at a sanctioned meet? The meet's I have always worked has had only one, but our current Booster Club was thinking that having 2 would be easier so the duties & working multiple days can be separated. Any one know what the rule is?

Short answer - yes.
Long answer. One meet director has to get the sanction and the add other people as additional meet directors. Big meets like Chicago Style have as many as 6 people so designated. Everyone you list on the sanction has to be meet director certified.

In the end, however many meet directors you have, one of them had better be the "head" responsible for making final decisions. Just because you have multiple days does need multiple meet directors; now if you had multiple meets going on at the same time (like Chicago) that is a different story.

Good Luck.

Our meet is just a 2 day meet, so we do not necessarily need 2. I think the BC members were just trying to avoid one person having to be there all weekend. Thank you for the quick response, it was VERY helpful!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back