Parents Meet Number 6 Level 4

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Where has the season gone???? It just seems like yesterday we were having our first meet ever and now we are heading into the end. It is almost bitter sweet. DD had a great meet this week. Vault is still being the problem. I have no clue where she has put her vault but she needs to find it quick. Any how we started in a different rotation. She has almost every meet started on vault. This time we started on floor and ended on beam so I was already nervous. Well here goes.

Floor 9.375 1st place she had some odd things going on with her leap. She decided to stag it causing a pretty large deduction. UGH. Oh well still a respectable score.

Vault 9.0 2nd place hopefully we can get this back up to the 9.3 or higher range in the next month. We are really going to focus on this event. It is mostly her run and pop. It is almost like she is afraid of the vault or something we can't figure her out.

Bars 9.475 1st place Highest bar score for all Level 4 so she was very pleased. She had a very solid routine.

Last Beam:beam: Her warm-up was horrible. Her coach had to get in her face she just couldn't do anything. DH & I were bracing for the worst seeing her warm up was pretty much a step on the beam jump off. Very strange. She was last up for the team. Had her most rock solid beam routine of her life. She just looked like she owned the beam. Pulled a 9.675 and 1st place. She had the highest level 4 beam routine of the meet. She was glowing.

AA was a 37.475 1st place. I don't think I have ever seen her smile so much as when they announced her beam. There was a lot of chatter after they anounced her score. :D

Now we only have one more regular season meet before States. I swear it all should get easier this close to the end but my nerves are getting more and more to me. DD said she wants to break that 38. She is working on her plan. She looked at everything and has determined it is the vault. Her talk to me before bed tonight was I am not going to rest till I can get that score higher. :eek: It was so cute seeing her commit to her goal. I am now just praying she can make it happen. So if anyone can send the score faries our way we would greatly appreciate it.

Great results, You do make me giggle when you say "we" when I am sure you mean your DD and her coaches. Kind of cute ya know.

What does "the coach had to get in her face" mean? THat is a bit red flag like to me.

Sounds like she had a great meet--floor included! She should be proud :)

Great results, You do make me giggle when you say "we" when I am sure you mean your DD and her coaches. Kind of cute ya know.

What does "the coach had to get in her face" mean? THat is a bit red flag like to me.

When I say we I mean DD, her coach and myself. Her coach had a long conversation and we have a training plan for at the gym and home. We are all on the same path and have devised a program for DD to train at home and the gym. She has certain things she has to do nightly at home to help things.

As for getting in her face I mean she got in her face and told her to pretty much do what she knows she can do and stop messing around. I really don't have an issue with it. I probably would have done the same thing. Her coach treats her just the same as we do. DD knows what she needs to do and it was pretty much the get your head in the game and stop this .... Not an issue from DH and my perspective we were happy the coach didn't let her continue with the warm up the way it was going. She needed to get focused and back into the "game" so to speak. I could honestly see her coach scratch her if she would have continued with the way she was going. It has been seen that if your warm up is not good you will not compete the event. Gym is very strict with not allowing help and if you are not hitting your skills you do not compete the event. Yes even at level 4 they will hold true to the rules. We just had 3 of our girls compete an event for the first time because they were not doing one of their skills consistantly.

So now we are on count down till the end of the season.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back