MAG Meet time

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Men's Artistic Gymnastics

skschlag

Staff member
Gold Membership
Proud Parent
So I know lots of our boys have meets this weekend! D has his first meet. HE is just doing pommel. He is bummed.. He was hoping to do pbars too, but just isn't going to happen. So pommel it is. He compete Saturday.....

Can't wait for meet reports!

Oh, man, was hoping pbars would work for him. But I hope he at least rocks his pommel routine. Good luck to everyone kicking off the new year with a meet this weekend! We get going next weekend, where DS will do his first real PH routine of the season. Hoping for fewer than three falls, lol.

DSs competing this weekend first meet. older DS with ankle injury not sure what he'll even compete yet -pommel is the only event he can fully do (well sort of - there will be falls) with planned dismount...hasn't been doing his vault, double back on floor or dismounts, etc all week....younger is repeating L6 but grew literally 4 inches - things will be "different" - some better than last year - some not so much...I hope they have fun though, hard start to season but I guess the teens in upper levels have to get used to this injury stuff...

hope all the boys who competed or are competing today enjoy it and have some satisfying moments! DS younger actually did much worse on floor and vault than usual (his strength isn't keeping up with his growth yet...) but much better on a few other events than last year and got enough bling to feel good - including a 1st on Pbars.

DS the elder got well taped and threw all 6 events with modified routines. Very limited dismounts and very basic floor, rolled out of his Tsuk to save the ankle, etc. But for his first Level 8 meet it went much better than he had expected....other than pommel of course! Here's hoping he can heal by State and do the "real" routines....but I love the fact that with the way men's optionals is designed he could still get out there and put up some "semi-descent" scores rather than scratching...much more fun than women's!

DS had a decent meet except for two uncharacteristic falls. :rolleyes: He did his double full on FX for the first time. He did a really decent set until he fell on his last pass, which was a one and a half. He said he has to set different for the double full and the one and a half so it was confusing to do them in the same routine. The second fall was on pommel, which is actually an event he's gotten consistent on of late. He ended up at 69.7 with the two falls, which seems like a good starting place for beginning of the season. He's still got upgrades he's almost ready to add. If he can do that and get consistent, he should have a strong AA set.

Gracy-- I think we were at the same meet. Glad your guy could do all 6.

DS had a decent meet except for two uncharacteristic falls. :rolleyes: He did his double full on FX for the first time. He did a really decent set until he fell on his last pass, which was a one and a half. He said he has to set different for the double full and the one and a half so it was confusing to do them in the same routine. The second fall was on pommel, which is actually an event he's gotten consistent on of late. He ended up at 69.7 with the two falls, which seems like a good starting place for beginning of the season. He's still got upgrades he's almost ready to add. If he can do that and get consistent, he should have a strong AA set.

Gracy-- I think we were at the same meet. Glad your guy could do all 6.
I thought so - I spent the meet wondering which kiddo was yours! Loved watching all the higher level boys - as you probably realized our L10 (who was labeled as a L9) missed the meet.

"Do" all 6 may be a bit of an exageration - but he did "something" for all 6 :). He had fun - and did better than he expected (60.7 without most of his harder skills - and an amazing record of falls on pommel and a really weird high bar routine ) - so lots of room for improvement.

I saw him on the roster as a 9 and was wondering what's up with that. All our older guys sort of look the same. My ds is the one with a buzz cut.

I saw him on the roster as a 9 and was wondering what's up with that. All our older guys sort of look the same. My ds is the one with a buzz cut.
then I know which one he was! I'm sure we'll be at some of the same meets, although we are going bare bones this year to save money....I agree they did all look very similar :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back