Men's 2013 Proposed Changes

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

First post, so forgive me if this has been asked and answered a hundred times but...

I am trying to outline lesson plans and schedules for our gym's Boys Team and Pre-Team groups and I'm sitting here looking at the Proposed changes to the compulsory routines. Some stuff got easier, some stuff got harder, some stuff got weirder, but all in all I don't anticipate it to be a problem.

Trouble is, I am hearing from some sources that the Men's changes go into effect in the Fall of 2012 so they boys will start using the new routines at the beginning of 2013, while the women's changes won't take effect until August of 2013. Still other sources are saying they both go into effect in August of '13. I'm not sure who to believe, since a distressingly large number of people I have talked to for clarification don't seem to know what they're talking about and it would be really useful to know how much time I have to make program changes.

Does anyone know for sure when the Men's proposed changes would go into effect?

this fall for the men. the women next year 2013-2014 season.

the compulsory levels though i have heard l8 is changing somewhat

Since FIG is revising its code, I assume that means there will be changes to levels 8-10 as well.

Though it's anybody's guess what those changes will be.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back