MAG Men's & Women's Gym Recommendation

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Men's Artistic Gymnastics

FlippingGenius

Proud Parent
I am looking for a gym with a good men's and women's competitive team program in the Tampa / Clearwater area. Any recommendations?

I'm still new, but I'm curious if you can try contacting the Florida USAG people for advice & information? Their club list only showed one USAG gym in Tampa, but I am not from FL so I'm not sure which other cities near Tampa are on the list.

http://usagfl.org/index.htm

I am not form Florida but I have heard of LaFleuer's just from being a gymnastics fan. No idea what that means for the level of coaching they now have.

LaFleur's Tampa, LaFleur's Tampa, LaFleur's Tampa!!!

DD started there when she was 4 and competed level 3 there last season as 6 (turning 7) year old. We moved to CA over the summer and were heartbroken to have to leave our LaFleur's family (thankfully we've found a wonderful gym in CA which was recommended by LaFleur's).

IMO LaFleur's does a great job of balancing development and fun for very young and/or new gymnasts. Their optionals are second to none in the area. Last season LaFleur's Tampa had female gymnasts at LSU, Auburn, Georgia, University of Denver, Penn State, University of Northern Illinois and this year George Washington University. All but one on full scholarship. They also had male gymnasts at The US Naval Academy and University of Minnesota.

Like any gym it's going to come down to what's the best fit for you or your gymnast(s) but I couldn't speak more highly of LaFleur's Tampa!

Reactions: sce
Oh, and there are 2 LaFleur's in the area. LaFleur's Tampa and LaFleur's Largo. The owners are brothers (very close knit gymnastics family). Both gyms are suppose to be really good but I have no personal experience with LaFleur's Largo.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back