WAG Minimum age requirement for (new) level 4?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

HappyMom

Proud Parent
My DD made team this year and her coach was talking about wanting her to compete new level 4 next year. She's 6 and won't be 7 until mid Feb. I was reading something on the USAG site about the new levels and it had minimum age requirements:

New level 3 - min. age 6
New level 4 - min. age 7

Am I reading that correctly? Does anyone know? Does that mean my DD couldn't compete level 4 this season?

From what I understand (our competitive experience is limited.) is that it depends on your state. Some states have you compete at the age you will be by State. Some states like mine (I think) go by your age on the day of any actual meet.

I vaguely remember our coach saying something about this last year, because my DD had just turned 6 when she was placed on team. Something about her age, went into the decision of what level she was going to actually compete.

I'm sure someone with way more knowledge then me will give you an accurate answer :)

In our state, the gymnast had to be 6 by the first meet to compete level 4, 7 to compete level 5. There was a gymnast on DD's team that just met that age right before Judges' Cup in August.

It is a USAG rule, not a state rule for the age limits (although states may use age at state meet to determine age groups.) So yes, your child has to actually turn 7 before she can do a level 4 meet.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back