WAG Most embarrassing/scariest moment during a meet

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I've picked a wedgie twice. Coaches weren't very happy with that...
Another time I was doing a FHS-RO and my foot slipped during the FHS and I landed on my back and since it was probably around 9 PM we were all exhausted and so we all started laughing. Thankfully it was at the end of my routine though.:D

Funniest/scariest moment during a meet: I had absolutely no cast out of the kip following my clearhip but tried to squat on anyways... For whatever reason, I held on, causing me to do a sole circle. A skill I had never attempted, let alone made before. I actually made it around (jump to high bar was pretty sketchy though). The best part is that I have it all on video and my coaches reaction when I actually made it was hilarious.

Funny- I was in level three and I was doing my floor routine and I was doing it really fast then I stopped and everyone thought it was bc I was ahead but then I stood there for longer and then everyone realised I forgot my routine so I turned to coach and my teammates yelled out what was next and to add to this I was last on the rotation so everyone was watching

Funny- I was doing a giant and I got to handstand then was stuck there for like 15 seconds then went down

Funny- (seen) I boy was doing his routine then went into like a sole circle then stood up on the bar looked around fixed his guard and jumped off

Scary- last year I did a kip and it was a rainy day so the bars were slippy so in my kip I went into my cast and slipped off the bar face planted the floor with my legs on the board then finished the routine with a red and chalky face and I got a 12.9

Old level 5, one of my kids did her kip front hip circle on the low bar and then jumped to the high bar and did it again....:). I don't remember her score.

I was a level 6 at the time, competing bars. I finished my 1st half of the routine perfectly, but when I jumped to the high bar I was in trouble. I did a baby giant like I was supposed to, but when my hips slammed onto the bar I got down and peed all over the mats! I was 10 at the time

Scariest at a meet - first rotation was floor, and in my floor warm ups I decided to warm up my RO-BHS-LO full with a RO-BHS-LO which happened to be my first tumble I attempted at the competition, and managed to come out of it on one foot and tear 3 ligaments in my ankle. But somehow managed to compete bars.

Scariest at training - I was about 14 and was demonstrating a FHS-FT on air track to some of the newbies in my group. And due to the fact that I was slightly off centre I ended up in a heap in the only gap between the mats and the air track on my back coming out of the FT because I was too low. :O

Oh, and most embarrassing at training would have to be the time my coach was talking to one of my friends who was on the beam at the time, while I was on bars and I somehow managed to do my clear hip to handstand (luckily on the low bar) and proceed to have both my hands slide straight over the bar so I ended up in a heap between the two bars (luckily it was on the pit bars) the funny part was that my coach just heard the bar ping so turned round to see what I was doing to find me led in the pit laughing. :p

Funny- I was warming up at a meet this past season, I was on beam and I went to do my dismount, and I ask my coach to hold the mat. Well I did my dismount but the mat flew out from under both of us and we fell, and my dad has it on video!

Embarrassing- I was competing beam and I missed my ft walkover ft handspring connection and fell off, so my coach said you have nothing to lose try it again, I missed and almost fell off the end of the beam cause I walked out of it. I stopped looked at my coach because I had no clue what to do at that point, so I walked back did a ft handspring and almost fell, then I forgot my routine. By that time my ankle was hurting bad because I had sprained it really bad only a week and a half before. By the time I got off the. Beam I was balling. Though the whole season I never made and connection or stayed on the beam. It was a rough season, luckily after I was done with floor at that meet my dad had my boot in the car.

Scariest- well the scariest wasn't at a meet but it was about 3 days before, I fell in-between floor and my head landed in between the floor and a mat, needless to say I got a concussion but when it happened my head didn't hurt really came to practice the next day and could really tell where the beam was, I thought I was just stupid so didn't tell anyone well we went to floor and I couldn't tumble I was having a lot of trouble, and well my coach found out sent me home and texted me the whe night hoping my head would feel better by meet day, at the meet she made sure my head wasn't hurting every single second even during the meet she had me walk though the whole hotel making sure I was moving for some reason, I was fine with it because it was a nice hotel a lot of room to walk around it was just really scary the way she treated it now we have to sign concussion forms along with the contract for the season

Funny- I was warming up at a meet this past season, I was on beam and I went to do my dismount, and I ask my coach to hold the mat. Well I did my dismount but the mat flew out from under both of us and we fell, and my dad has it on video!

Embarrassing- I was competing beam and I missed my ft walkover ft handspring connection and fell off, so my coach said you have nothing to lose try it again, I missed and almost fell off the end of the beam cause I walked out of it. I stopped looked at my coach because I had no clue what to do at that point, so I walked back did a ft handspring and almost fell, then I forgot my routine. By that time my ankle was hurting bad because I had sprained it really bad only a week and a half before. By the time I got off the. Beam I was balling. Though the whole season I never made and connection or stayed on the beam. It was a rough season, luckily after I was done with floor at that meet my dad had my boot in the car.

Scariest- well the scariest wasn't at a meet but it was about 3 days before, I fell in-between floor and my head landed in between the floor and a mat, needless to say I got a concussion but when it happened my head didn't hurt really came to practice the next day and could really tell where the beam was, I thought I was just stupid so didn't tell anyone well we went to floor and I couldn't tumble I was having a lot of trouble, and well my coach found out sent me home and texted me the whe night hoping my head would feel better by meet day, at the meet she made sure my head wasn't hurting every single second even during the meet she had me walk though the whole hotel making sure I was moving for some reason, I was fine with it because it was a nice hotel a lot of room to walk around it was just really scary the way she treated it now we have to sign concussion forms along with the contract for the season
Oh wait I rember once at a meet I fell on my dismount on bars and sprained both ankles, wasn't going to do vault and was just going to wing floor ended up getting my highest beam score at that time and did every event and I also Won! But at the time it had happene my mom had been ready to go to a hospital I had ice on both ankle and I was a reck!

Scariest was probably when I sort of blacked out during my bail in L9 while competing and fell...ended up breaking my hand...
Embarrassing would probably be all the way back in L4 when I really messed it up on bars and got a 5.7
And I'm sure there are plenty of funny ones:)

My poor dd was waiting to salute to do her bar routine (at States), she was facing the low bar. Before she saluted, she threw up all over the mat, under the bar. She then ran off the mat, trying to get to a trash can, but didn't make it and threw up all over the carpet (where the girls would march in.) It was crazy, not a bug or anything, just nerves. The judges ended up letting her go at the end of the rotation and she ended up placing 2nd on bars. We still laugh about it now... Any of her teammates who came in contact with the wet spot on the carpet or got sprayed when she was actually throwing up, placed on bars!!! Ha ha...

Haha, Granny Smith, for DS's teammate it was a bug. He puked during warmups, felt a LOT better and competed floor, and then turned green and didn't quite make it to the bathroom afterward. He and his entire family then departed the meet to drive the six hours back to their home, with him puking all the way.

At their very first meet ever, as little L4s, one of DS's teammates was too shy to change out of his pommel pants and into his shorts in front of all those people after they had competed rings and were getting ready to go on vault. He had to go out to the bathroom to change and didn't make it back in time to do his vault. :(

Mine is scary/funny: We were vaulting and were raising up the vault. I was the first one to vault after each time that we raised it up. So I was going full forced at the vault with a lot of power I get up to handstand on the vault and I was about to go over to finish my front handspring but in the middle I decided not to, swigged my legs down threw my hands into some weird pike thing. But then I feel forward catching my legs on the vault landing right on my face under the vault. My friends were laughing their heads off and I was terrified.

I was competing at regionals. I have an optional routine, which ended up being very lucky. I know my beam routine by heart, but when I got up to compete, I forgot the whole thing! I made up some random stuff, and still got a pretty good score.

Yeah if I did that at a meet it would end up disastrous, because I am compulsory L4.

I have too many!
Funny: I did a double leg shoot through mount on beam and jumped right over it!

Embarrassing: Once, when I was 9, I really, really had to pee before floor. I was super nervous, and it was State.....anyways, I was fine until my last tumbling pass, a RO BHS BT. I pretty much peed all over the floor. Still got 1st place! I was mortified, but now it's super funny. Also once I fell twice on beam, made a resolution that I would finish strong, hopped up, and fell over the other side. I got like a 6.

Scary: I once was doing double backs into the pit. It was my first time doing them onto a mat, instead of just into the pit. I went for it, but as I was mid flip, a coach yelled across the gym at a girl who was doing something, I don't know what. All I know is that I paused and landed on my back, all hunched over. I completely got the wind knocked out of me( it was a hard mat). Everyone came rushing over and crowded around me. They kept stabilizing my neck and telling me not to move. I knew I was fine, but the wind was knocked out of me so I couldn't talk! Finally I was able to explain that I was fine, but they had already called 911 so they literally took me to the hospital in an ambulance! I was fine, and all week I kept saying told you so!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back