Parents Move Up/Skip a Level Question-- New Level 2 (old 3) vs New Level 3 (old 4)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

krstew29

Proud Parent
Level 2 dd's coach advised that she is definitely moving up to the new level 2 but they are going to see if they can have her skip a level to the new level 3, but they won't make those decisions until June or July. What are the big skills in the new level 3 (old 4)? I'm assuming it's the roundoff back handspring on floor. Are there are other big skills added in the new level 3? They've already started working on the roundoff back handspring on the tumble trak.

It's pretty much the same as old L4 from what I understand. Flatback vault onto mats, Bars :they will have the option of kipping or using a pullover, front hip circle on bars, single leg shoot through, stride circle or basket swing, back hip circle. Beam: Cross handstand with legs split. And your right the floor is a ROBHS.

I found this the other day when I was looking for the new L4 routines since that is what my DD is planning on competing. But like yours we won't know until end of the Julyish......if she doesn't have the skills she will compete new L3.
http://usagym.org/pages/education/pdfs/13-20wjoCompProg.pdf

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back