My two kids and I

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

myliljunebugs

Proud Parent
Hi, I'm an Arkansas momma to an almost 8 year old girl and an almost 11 year old boy (both bdays next week). Both started gymnastics 7 months ago and fell in love with it. My son is kind of "eh" on hard work but is progressing despite that. My daughter never stops practicing at home and when her brother is in his class she will find a corner not being used and practice there! :) I promised her that when she moved up to intermediate class I would allow her 2 classes per week. Tonight in class her instructor told her that as soon as she learned her pullover on bars she could move up and she did it right there! Her instructor said she looked beautiful doing it. :) Outside of gymnastics we homeschool and just play on the farm. We live near several other homeschool families so usually around 2 pm or so you will see them all start coming out to play as they finish their school work. :) My daughter wants to be a gymnast for the University of Arkansas one day, I hope she can succeed in her goals, she will definitely have the work ethic to do it! ;) Anyway, that's us, I just wanted to put our intro out.

Welcome to CB! I'm new too...to both the board and to gymnastics (my DD started rec class this year and just made team this past month). I'm finding this board to be an invaluable source of knowledge and entertainment. I've learned a TON...and had quite a few laughs as well. ;)

I look forward to getting to know you and "heat" about your kids! :)

She's really not starting that late. My daughter started at 7 1/2 and is now training L9 at just-barely-turned 12. She's definitely not super young but is frequently in the youngest age group.

Welcome to Chalk Bucket!

My in-laws live in Arkansas and are huge Razorback fans. Your DD isn't too old to realize her dream!!! Make sure she is at a gym that will either move her up, or uptrain her as needed. Passionate hard workers are a coaches dream!

It's a prerequisite of the address to be Hog fans ;) Her gym seems very keen on uptraining her, they said they love working with her because she is there early, ready to stay as long as needed, and works so hard. She asked for privates for her birthday! LOL

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back