WAG National Gymnastics Day!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Aero

Coach
This Saturday, the 20th, is National Gymnastics Day and I'm having a big combined practice with all ten of my girls. I'm planning on having games and mini competitions, as well as maybe watching some videos and such. I think it would be a nice break from the usual grind and intensity of practice. Do any of you have some suggestions or ideas? I'd also love to hear what your gym is doing, or has done in the past.

Sometimes, we have an exhibition at our local YMCA, but this year, we are having a Judges Critique Clinic (hosted at our gym). YG and 27 of her teammates will be performing their routines for the judges for the first time :eek: YG informed me tonight that she has forgotten what she planned on beam and needs to come up with a beam routine :rolleyes:, lol.

No ideas but if this is at normal practice time do warn the gymnasts and their parents, if my DDs group had a training session that was turned into a play day without warning there would be uproar!

My gym planned its re-opening on National Gymnastics Day!
We're having a huge get together with all of the class kids, free obstacle courses and dance classes in our new dance room (both supervised by coaches of course), music, and a cartwheel-a-thon to raise money for the Wish Warriors non-profit for cancer awareness.
Team practice as well as rec classes are as usual the morning before the re-opening.
In the past we've just taken a handstand picture of the whole team in a handstand.

Our girls are doing an exhibition downtown...just a group dance and then a tumbling exhibition. It is totally voluntary and 20 gymnasts signed up from L2 through L8,

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back