WAG New Grips - Wrist Hurting?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

GymSurvivor

Coach
Gymnast
I got new grips and changed brands as well as went from velcro (reisport) to double buckle (US Glove)

The new grips fit well but I'm having a really hard time using them as they hurt my wrists so bad!! I do have the double long wrist bands and the grips feel fine when I'm just standing with them on. But when I jump to the bar and swing they pull up and dig into my wrist right about the wrist band. I can't pull the wrist band up on the wrist because then when I jump to the bar the wristband gets in my way (and I have it pretty far up already)

Any suggestions? Anyone have this problem? Do they just need to be broken in more??

Thanks!

Sounds like you need to put them lower on the wrist and swing on the boys bar for a few days to break them in.

Here is a picture. Hope it is what you meant?

The buckle of the grip and leather dig into my wrist when I'm swinging on the bar.
Also on the other side of it the wrist part of the grip seems to pull up so much when I'm swinging. Is this normal and I just need to get used to it?
image-2.jpg

I don't know about this brand of grips but I assume they are all the same, you appear to have it on the wrong hand. Straps should point to the outside with the buckle to the inside. This might sit more comfortably, also you may be wearing them too high on the wrist.

Thanks so much for the reply and suggestions!
I always wore my Velcro grips with the medal on the side of my thumb so I assumed my buckles would start on the side of my thumbs. I'll try then the other way!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back