MAG New Instructional Video - Men's JO Compulsory Exercises - Arabesque

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Men's Artistic Gymnastics

sbonham

Coach
Judge
I've just completed and uploaded an instructional video on the Arabesque - a skill included in the 2013-2016 JO Compulsory Exercise on Level 3, 4 and 5. Guys have a lot of trouble mastering this skill. It's all about STABILITY. Learning to stabalize all segments and maintaining that alignment WHILE rotating the body into the proper position.

Check it out on YouTube at: Arabesque - YouTube

Let me know if you have a suggestion for my next skill analysis. At present I'm working on the glide kip on P-bars. And I have a request for the full Moy on P's also. What else?

Ganba!
Steve

a very easy skill to master. you send them to the women floor and beam coaches. done. :)

How very cool, Dunno.

Honestly, having coached girls, I don't find teaching arabasques and scales to boys all that difficult. But man do I see some really bad ones in competition that looks like they have basically worked them.

Dunno, that could be a lot easier on you than the women's coaches. I'm not sure a lot of women's coaches are ready on to tackle on a bunch of boys.

When the boys had to do dance, I either used it as a time to setup other events, but it was generally a good idea to stick around the beginning or end to keep the boys in check.

in our gym, my wife and the other women coaches are responsible for these dance tasks. why? the boys are embarrassed that the "moms" can do it better so they listen "better" get it right faster and then get the hell out of dodge. lol. :) like i said, DONE.

Excellent video! Here it is directly embedded in the thread...

[video=youtube;BGThpdbvZ78]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGThpdbvZ78[/video]

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back