New skills to work on for L6 L7 or L8?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Lvl 6 - bwo on beam, flyaway on bars, front tuck on floor, handspring vault

Lvl 7 - Bhs or bwo/bwo on beam, giant on bars, half on floor

Lvl 8 - bwo/Bhs on beam, giant or free hip handstand on bars, tsuk vault, front series and half punch front on floor.

These are the old skills. I don't know how different the new levels are.

Every awful story begins with "we were on beam and..."

Level 6 is just like level5 in Canada! Would you count Valdez as a flight skill? What happens if I'm in between levels?

Ok I need something different! I'm scared to do BHS or RO on beam and my coach won't let me learn anythingg else except those and Valdez. I also need my giant, my flyaway, clear hip to horizontal, and my layout but I was soooo scared to do back tuck before and a just was getting it consistently and I was not scared. Now I haven't done it for at least a month and I had a bad fall just before that. I was doing it on to a high rezie and I opened up in the air making me do something like the worm. Ok anyway, so now I'm scared to do that again. Well Sorta, I haven't tried it in like 1 month. I also need handspring full. Any tips drills or ways to get over fears?

My dd used to be terrified to do a Bhs on beam. Finally it came down to her either doing it or quitting. This is after months of crying and drama. She was perfectly capable of doing it. So...she did it and went on to be 2nd in the state that year. But you need a Bhs on beam. It's a basic beam move.

Any tips on how to feel comfortable? I do BHS up onto a panel at but my coach probably won't let me do any other drills. Also, I was doing it almost without panel mats with spot from my co-coach. But my other coach, said NO SPOT UNTIL YOU FEEL COMFORTABLE! So now I'm scared to do it on a low beam but it is perfect on the beam pad on the floor! Also, I can land my RO with panel mats stacked all the way up, but when I take a level away, I automatically split the beam and it really hurts my feet. Then I just stop doing them.

I know it's a scary skill but I think repetition is the key. I used to be a gymnast and this us a skill I was scared of also. At our gym, we use a floor beam and gradually move to a low beam with a resi and spot. I'm not sure why your coach is offering to spot only when you are comfortable. A spot is to assist you when you not comfortable.

Sorry what I meant to say was she said " your not getting anymore spot! You can go on low beam when you feel comfortable on your own!"

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back