WAG new to this board: introducing myself and common question

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hello,

I am new to this board. I found it while I was searching the internet for some gymnastics websites, because I am sooo board at the moment….so thanks boredom J

Anyways, I will shortly introduce myself so you can get an insight.
My name is Mia, I am 15 years old and I started gym 3 years ago. I was always a very active kid, running around etc. I neither had friends who did gym nor knew about gymnastics, until a new gym opened in our area and so I started at age 12. I loved it from the beginning. I progresses quickly and now I am a L5.
Unfortunately, for the past 10 months I couldn’t really train, I had some growth plate issues, there was some personal stuff going on etc. But I conditioned and stretched almost every day and trained my skills, but no up training.

So my current skills are:

FX:
standing BH, standing BT, RO BH BH, RO BH BT
FH FH, running FT

BB:
Press Handstand Mount, Full Turn, Split+Straddle Jump (not full 180° yet), Split Leap (not full 180° yet) , BH, Cartwheel, Cartwheel Back Tuck Dismount

UB:
Kip, Cast Handstand above horizontal, baby free hip, squat on, jump to high bar, long hang kip cast handstand to above horizontal, long hang pullover, tuck dismount

VT:
FH

Strength:
20 full Leg Lifts
10 90° Leg Lifts
8 Dead Hang Pull-Ups
12 Dead Hang Chin Ups
15 Dips
20 ft rope climb in straddle and pike
2 press handstands
1 standing pike press

Flexibility:
left and right oversplit (3 inches)
hyper pancake stretch (3 inches)
middle split
good bridge

Dance:
Full Turn
180° Split Jump
Straddle Jump
180° Split Leap
180° Switch Leap
180° Needle Kick

I can do all those skills pretty good, with good form and almost no fails.
My biggest dream is being able to compete in L7 and work on some L8 skills. That’s my personal goal. I want nothing more like this!

So I want to learn:

FX:
RO BH BL, RO BH Whip Back, RO BH half twist, RO BH FULL
FH FT, FH FT FT, FL

BB:
improve my split jump and leap (are not 180° yet), Back Tuck, Korbut (no series like BH BH!)

UB:
Cast Handstand, Free hip to Handstand, Stalder to Handstand, Sole Circle Jump to High Bar, Giants, Flyaway Dismount

VT:
½ On ½ Off
Yurchenko and Tsukahara into pit

I know everyone is different and I also know that making progress depends on sooo many factors like fear, injuries, vestibular…. But what would you think how long it would take me to get to my goal? Is it doable it 1 ½ years? Or am I setting my goals too high?

I am usually a bit scared of new stuff, but I love my coach and totally trust him. So I hope it’s doable!
I would appreciate everyone’s opinion!

I am not a coach, just a mother of hopefully an L10 this next season. I no longer know what the required skills are at those levels since it has a been a few years (and I am old) and they have changed them since my daughter did them. But I think your goals are doable. It is not uncommon to score out of L6 and go straight to L7. We had a girl that started gym at 11 and got all the way to L10. If she had not been injured two years ago, she would have been in L10 for two years. She is a beautiful gymnast. Paramount however is good coaching and hard consistent work. I hope you have that available to you. Welcome to chalkbucket. There are outstanding coaches in this forum and I am certain they will be most helpful to you.

I am not a coach, just a mother of hopefully an L10 this next season. I no longer know what the required skills are at those levels since it has a been a few years (and I am old) and they have changed them since my daughter did them. But I think your goals are doable. It is not uncommon to score out of L6 and go straight to L7. We had a girl that started gym at 11 and got all the way to L10. If she had not been injured two years ago, she would have been in L10 for two years. She is a beautiful gymnast. Paramount however is good coaching and hard consistent work. I hope you have that available to you. Welcome to chalkbucket. There are outstanding coaches in this forum and I am certain they will be most helpful to you.

Thank you very much! I appreciate everyone's opinion!

Oh god, these L10 kids are amazing! Are they even human? This is just unbelievable!!!

I know that everyone is different and
nobody can tell a specific time frame - so it's kinda stupid to ask that.
But I really worked my butt of to get to were I am now. I am comfortable with all L5 skills and I am far the strongest on my team (no one can do presses or more than 5 leg lifts) and I want to get to L7/8 so badly!

My teammates say I have a good chance, because I don't need to work on anything else but the skills. I am strong and flexible enough, I can do all jumps, leaps and kicks....

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back