No 2012-2013 Move Ups Because of 2013 Routine Changes???

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

vagymmomma

Proud Parent
Our head coach is currently telling all the girls not to expect any move-ups because of the 2013 changes. I know this statement is a little exaggerated because we 4s and 5s scoring mid 37s and it would just wrong to hold them back. I think she's really directing the comments more at current 6s - 9s. She said something like "you don't want to pay for a routine and music again if the requirements are changing". A couple of the 6s already have their giants. Does this logic make any sense? Are other gyms doing this? I don't know if it's easier to say that than have to justify why they're not moving up some of the girls. DD doesn't want to leave, but I'm trying to whether the time for a change has come.

I don't get this. The change doesn't happen till fall of NEXT year...the girls still have the whole fall/winter/spring....what does the gym plan to do when fall 2013 comes around???

I think she's really directing the comments more at current 6s - 9s. She said something like "you don't want to pay for a routine and music again if the requirements are changing". A couple of the 6s already have their giants. Does this logic make any sense? Are other gyms doing this?

Was more said? The quote above could simply mean that they are allowing the girls to use the same routine/floor music with just tweaks in skills for the next level up. At dd's gym, they use the same floor music/routines for 2-3 years, just changing out skills as needed.

Was more said? The quote above could simply mean that they are allowing the girls to use the same routine/floor music with just tweaks in skills for the next level up. At dd's gym, they use the same floor music/routines for 2-3 years, just changing out skills as needed.

I don't think so. The implication was definitely that the changing rules could necessitate a new routine and music, so it didn't make any sense to move now. I also thought most girls just tweaked the routines to add difficulty for the higher levels. Are the new L6 (old 7) and L7 (old 8) routines expected to change that much?

I don't think so. The implication was definitely that the changing rules could necessitate a new routine and music, so it didn't make any sense to move now. I also thought most girls just tweaked the routines to add difficulty for the higher levels. Are the new L6 (old 7) and L7 (old 8) routines expected to change that much?

Doesn't make sense to me. From what I have observed this year (DD's a L7) routines were created without the tumbling and tweaked later when the tumbling skill was worked in. So even if there are changes those routines will still work As the season went on DD's routines on beam and floor were tweaked as she became comfortable with the music etc. So changes do occur anyway so why not move the girls up?

Doesn't make sense to me. From what I have observed this year (DD's a L7) routines were created without the tumbling and tweaked later when the tumbling skill was worked in. So even if there are changes those routines will still work As the season went on DD's routines on beam and floor were tweaked as she became comfortable with the music etc. So changes do occur anyway so why not move the girls up?

This doesnt make any sense. The only ones that would be paying for routines would be kids moving up to level 7 and up. In 2013, level 6 (similar to current L7) will be an optional level. Soooo... even if a gymnasti is not ready to move from current 7 to new 8, or even to stay at new 7 from current 7... if they have to "move" from current 7 to new 6, new 6 is still optional. There's no reason why the kids couldn't use the same music and tweak their floor routines. Unless, of course, USAG is proposing a shorter time limit on floor for the new L6 in 2013?

doesnt seem like yor coach really understands what is happening or when...maybe they will figure it out. Lots of times statement like 'no one is moving up bc..." are made out of frustartion so maybe things will change when reality sets in...good luck. Seems very silly to me.

Doesn't make any sense... besides levels 9 and 10 won't really change at all... and the other levels aren't actually changing - just the names of the levels are being shifted... you could call them red, blue, green for that matter... it won't matter!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back