Off Topic Not sure who to ask.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Luvmygymnasts

Proud Parent
I will start by saying I'm not new here but I don't ever post anything. I'm really just a lurker and have found a lot of useful information to help me through this crazy maze of the sport of gymnastics. I was wondering if the website had any say in what ads are on the site? Over the last couple of days I have noticed one that pops up that is what I would think would be considered inappropriate. I worry with young gymnasts on here. I'm a real dummy when it comes to finding my way around web sites, lol. So can someone direct me in the right direction of who to talk to in case they have never noticed the ad before. Thanks!

Are you the only one who uses the computer from which you access the site? The only reason I ask is that some of the web ads you see are selected based on predictions from previous web activities. For example, I am not seeing inappropriate ads. Additionally, now that I have learned the local language, and used it for web searches, some of my ads are not in English. If you aren't the only user of your PC, it would be my guess that whoever else uses it may have made some "questionable" web site visits.

There are no members who are under 14, well if there are they lied to join. SO any ads you see here are approved for that age and up. If you do not want to see ads you can pay a small yearly fee to be a Chalk Bucket Booster and get rid of ads and get a nice banner to show you support the site.

As the poster above said, the ads you see are based one ht searches that people have done on your computer, I search travel a lot, so I get lots of travel ads. If someone is searching more mature content a lot, then that is the type of ad you will see.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back