WAG Ok, I really don't know...question about vault

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Azgymmiemom

Proud Parent
My dd is doing a yurchenko vault. All the other girls in her group are doing tsuks. I don't want to ask at the gym. But...why?? I read here that a tsuk has a higher start value. So, is she just doing a yurchenko bc she can't do a tsuk(she hasn't trained them)? What are the benefits or handicaps?? She's 10 and competing level 8 if that helps.

They have the same start value. As for why, no one knows but her coaches. If she isn't a powerful runner or struggled with the handspring entry, that could be why, or maybe the other girls are afraid of yurchenkos. No way to know for sure.

Same value, trust your coaches.

...... and it seems to be easier to vault from this entry, even thought the entry is more difficult and time consuming to learn.

Each child is an individual with their own unique gifts. Maybe your dear daughter is lucky enough to have a coach who "gets it."

Also, I think you said your daughter was doing TOPs in another thread, but training this entry would pretty much be necessary for the TOPs/Hopes track. Maybe I'm confusing you with someone else.

I do trust her coach! He's awesome. It was just a curiosity question on my part...and I thought they had different start values, so my bad. it really is just one of those "optional" skill things, then...whichever is better for the gymmie. And I didn't realize she had to do a yurchenko for Tops. So that makes sense, too.
I haven't seen it. I've just heard "talk", lol.

Tsuk has a higher value in FIG (Last I check and it's only a small difference) not J.O. In J.O, they are the same. The round off entry is easier to get more power off the board especially for the lighter gymnasts that may have difficulty transferring energy into the spring with a front entry vault.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back