Coaches Other Coaches Recruiting My Athletes

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gralch1

Coach
A new gym has opened up. A few of my parents have forwarded emails that they received from this gym recruiting (maybe a strong word but saying stuff like, "best coaches, best equipment, "you should come here")
Now I know that this is not illegal or anything but, for crying out loud people....did you think it wouldn't get back to me?
Comments?

Good thing is the open honesty from the parents. That is almost a sure sign they will stick around.
You can't control the actions of others, just continue being yourself and confident in your program!

very common. completely unethical in our world. insidiously evil. what goes around will come around.:)

It's unethical. Having said that, when my DD was quitting gymnastics and going to cheer, I got a call from another gym owner that said it wasn't ethical for her to say anything to me but she didn't want my DD to quite the sport (she was very talented at it). The lady that called me was so funny because she felt so awkward asking me but she was very nice and still is a great person.
Unfortunately, there are far too many dishonest owners, coaches, and parents out there so good luck.

I guess I'm not too surprised because all gyms advertise so isn't that also a form of "recruiting"...if your program is a good one with quality coaches and facility, then don't worry about it. We have a 120 mile round trip to my daughter's gym and closer gyms could "recruit" us but we wouldn't move because we are happy with the quality of the gym we are at...

I am assuming (and you know what they say about that...an *** out of me and you) that they got them from one of my gymnasts parents that have transferred over there.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back