WAG Pars Fracture....

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

HannahGS

Gymnast
Hi!
So in the spring of 2015 I began having terrible lower back pain. I competed the rest of my optional season with the pain and then went to the doctor to get it checked out. I found out I had a para fracture, so I rested it for about 6 wks (as recommended by DR) and went to physical therapy. When the pain stopped I was cleared to do gymnastics again. I've been working out (since then) for almost 2 months and have felt no pain UNTIL a couple days ago. It feels very similar to the pain I had before and I'm pretty worried. I just left the gym on vacation and will be gone and hopefully have a chance to rest it for 2 weeks. Do any of you who have experience with this type of injury know if this rest will be sufficient? Do you think I may have reinjured the area?? Thank you for any insight you can provide.

I haven't had that injury... But i have had an ankle injury with a similar story. I'm guessing you reinjured it, or at least irritated it. If you haven't already, I would suggest getting an mri to see what else is going on. Sending healing vibes!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back