WAG Please help me identify this uneven bars skill??

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

christabelle

Proud Parent
It seemed wrong to post in the skills directory when I don't know what I'm talking about so I hope here is OK?

I was chatting with a super talented gymmie (not mine) who was telling me her favorite skill on uneven bars is called a "sanderluker" or "sam deluca"?? She has no idea how it might be spelled and isn't sure if she's pronouncing it correctly?

She's nearly 12 y/o in L9 and bars is her strongest apparatus. She does lots of giants, turns, and is learning a couple of releases. I "think" she might be trying to describe a handstand release twisted back to re-grip handstand but I'm not sure?

Can anyone solve this mystery??

A shaposhnikova? That's not very close, but I can't think of any other long S names on bars. It is a release, but not like you described. A long swing release half turn to low bar we call a bail, shoot over, or overshoot in America, but maybe it's called differently somewhere else. A half turn salto to recatch the same bar is a gienger or deltchev.

What country is she from? Those seem like Scandinavian words or something to me.

The official name for a bail (or shoot over) is actually a Shushunova. Perhaps that is what she meant? Did you see her do the skill?

No I didn't see it but I'd love to look it up!!

We're Australian but the coaches are Russian so the girls try to copy Russian pronunciation which is awful unless it's Russian (or great if it is but then the girls can't copy it properly).

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back