Prayers for an injured gymnast...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hi everyone,
I know I don't post much as I'm neither a gymnast nor parent. That said, I DO love the sport & ask for prayers foan injured gymnast in my city(I'm refraining from naming the gymnast & the gym she trains at out of privacy for alinvolved). She was training bars a few days ago, fell off of the high bar & landed on her neck. As of right now she is in Neuro ICU & is possibly paralyzed from the waist down. Dr's did say that she could possibly regain feeling in her legs once the swelling goes down.

hey BOG! is this another one of those lurkers?

if you're legit sportsfanatic, what region was this in?

Dunno this is totally legit. The OP has been with us for a long time. Shame that trolls have made us so paranoid.

Sports fanatic, thanks for letting the CB members aware so they can join in with support for the gymnast and her family.

Thoughts and prayers go out to her and her family. Thanks for letting us know and please let the family know they have a huge support here! Please keep us posted on her progress.

I actually heard about this at the CGA meet this weekend from parents in that gym's region...the parents were only aware that the girl had been seriously injured and possibly paralyzed below waist but hoping that in the next week or so, she gets some feeling back (they thought her spine might "be in shock" was what they had been told)...regardless, the girl needs prayers for whatever recovery is to come...

I'm not sure, but I think that this is the girl you're talking about. Here is the link to her page on Gymnastics Zone. Please let me know if this is not the gymnast you're talking about and I'll remove this comment and put it in a new thread.

Team Avery Fund and The Avery Downing Story

I can not even begin to imagine what her family and friends are going through. I pray the God will work through the doctors and heal this little girl, and allow her family to find peace in knowing that the situation is in His hands.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back