Prep op or level 5/6??

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I am currently in prep op, (novice). But next season i would be moving up to intermediate, which is equivalent to level 5/6. I want to do prep op because it's fun and i have friends there, but yet i want to move up to be an optional gymnast eventually. the one thing holding me back? almost all the level 5 + 6's are about 7/8/9 years old.. and i'm 13. so how awkward would that be? which one should i do, and if i should do level 5/6, how should i go about doing so?

You don't actually have to be in levels 5/6 to become an optional gymnast. Ask your gym if you can keep doing prep op until they think you're ready to be an optional gymnast, and then score out of levels 5 and 6.

DD's team (L 5) has 4 8-year-olds, 6 9-year-olds, and some from 10-14 years old. The 14 year old doesn't really socialize with the rest of them, but the 13 year olds do.

I don't have a problem with my team i am 17 and the next oldest is 15 - i get along well with her, then 14 then some 13 year olds and they drop down to about 11 and I get along with all of them, sure I wouldn't hang out with them outside of gym. I like being the oldest because I am somewhat of a role model for the younger girls in and out of the gym, It makes me feel like I am a central part of the team :) I am 6 years older than some of my team mates and I still get along with them fine :) if you don't feel comfortable with 7 year olds then maybe you could take superflipgirls advice

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back