Prep Op requirements

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

H

Hayjam627

My daughter is 8-yrs-old and is ready to move up to the Prep Op Gold team at her gym. I was at our Region 8 website (We live in SC) looking at the requirements for going to Gold and was confused at what the info at the very top meant. It said that you must have competed Level 5 and received 31 AA or higher to go to Prep Op Gold. My daughter has never competed regular levels, only as Prep Op Silver last year. So does this mean that she will be unable to move to Gold? Is it the same thing? She can already do the other gold skill requirements and last year scored over 34.00 AA as a Silver gymnast. Any clarification would be appreciated. Thanks!

It's a new rule for this year (went into effect August 1st). Any gymnast competing USAG Prep-Op Gold must have competed at least one USAG level 5 meet and must have achieved a minimum AA score of 31.00 (the required "move up" score) before she can compete at the Gold level. Several girls at our gym are going to be trying to "score out" of level 5 this fall so they can compete Gold in January (we're in Region 8, too).

Thanks for your response. If that is the case, then that will pose a problem for us. We do not have levels at her gym now, they switched last year to prep op only. However, I also emailed our gym owner and she states that this is only for girls who were competing levels and wanted to switch to prep op (I guess during their off season) that they would have to have achieved level 5 before switching over. That since Hannah had completed Silver successfully, she could move to Gold. I guess I will wait to hear further info after they go to State meeting at the end of this month and see if they let us know anything :confused:.

Dance Series

One of the requirements for my daughter this year is a dance passage with a minimum of 2 different group 1 elements, directly or indirectly connected, one which is a leap. Can you give me some examksples of an easy dance passage for Prep Opt?

Thanks

My daughter always found the switch leap into a cat leap, wolf jump, hitchkick, etc. pretty easy to do. (gets a better "split" on the switch leap)

My daughter always found the switch leap into a cat leap, wolf jump, hitchkick, etc. pretty easy to do. (gets a better "split" on the switch leap)

Lynn, same here. My gymmie has always had some problems hitting 180(comes very close) and the switch leap is much better for her---uses it on floor and beam.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back