Off Topic Protein sources

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

All Chalked Up

Coach
Gymnast
I need to get more protein, especially right before gym and in the morning.

Thing is, I am allergic to all nuts. I do not eat meat except for fish. I have a soy milk intolerance but other soy products are fine. I would also rather stick with "real food" and not have protein powders. I am able to eat all dairy & egg products which is good.

I will also likely be travelling for gymnastics right from school (about an hour & 1/2) soon so they have to be able to keep through the school day AND preferably be able to be eaten relatively easily in the car (I'm desperate though so if it's hard to eat in the car I'll just live with it)

Ideas?

Low fat greek yogourt is very high in protein. Cotttage cheese, egg whites, cheese, hummus, dried apricots, rye bread. Obviously you would need to pack these in a lunch bag with an ice pack to keep them fresh. I also really like tuna fish, but try not to eat too much.

Thanks! I love greek yogourt & hummus so maybe veggies sticks + hummus or a greek yogourt smoothie would work, since they would be easy to travel with.

It has to do with mercury levels I believe. I know pregnant/nursing woman and kids are recommended not to eat it in large quantities.

I know you said no protein powder, but the vanilla whey protein is great to throw in smoothies if you're always in a rush.

Tofurkey and cheese sandwich, yogurt, hard boiled egg (very portable). Can you get "fake meat" products where you are?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back