Parents Puma Jr earns her dowel grips!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Mrs. Puma

Gold Membership
Proud Parent
I am so proud of this kid...she has worked so hard. When I walked in to pick her up tonight, I could see her way in the back with HC and practice was clearly over. Then she came running off the mats BEAMING and waving a small pink piece of paper containing the specifics for me to order. I'm not sure if I've ever seen her so excited. It was great timing too because Saturday was probably the worst practice of her life (that's a different story lol) The criteria was straight armed kip, baby Giants with proper wrist shifting and layout flyaway. She hasn't actually landed the layout flyaway alone yet (she's done it spotted and alone into the pit, and can land a tuck alone) but she swears she can, and it appears HC agrees. I'm so happy for her..hopefully she can really kill it this summer!!

Soooo exciting! Has she already been using training grips (no dowels)? I wish Dd's gym had specific criteria. As far as I know it's just vaguely "sometime after they learn to kip".

Soooo exciting! Has she already been using training grips (no dowels)? I wish Dd's gym had specific criteria. As far as I know it's just vaguely "sometime after they learn to kip".
Well, she had Ten-0 pre-dowels from the old gym, which she used on and off. She used them for states last year but not this year? I don't think she has used them much recently. I don't think they normally would have let her, but since she came from another gym they allowed it. I told her to just listen to the coaches!

It is interesting how different gyms have different thoughts on when to get them. I feel like between L4 and L5 seems pretty common? @GYM0M ' wasn't your DD L8 before she needs grips?!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back