WAG qualifying for state meet

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gymnastca25

Proud Parent
If you are repeating a level but qualified to states for this level last season, do you have to re-qualify each year?

We are in California and our Nor Cal Gymnastics Club requires you to get a certain score at any of the meets during the meet season in order to make state. For example, last year in Lvl 4 in order to make state your gymnast's AA score had to be 34.5 (which they later lowered to 34.0 because not enough athletes qualified).

Just because you made it last season, doesn't mean you automatically go the next season. You start all over.

Not sure if this is true for all states or not?

You definitely need to re-qualify each year in my state even if you are repeating. We had a few repeater girls w/ injuries that didn't go to states cause they could do all 4 events all season, and I know they went to states the previous year.

Yeah, R6 requires you to requalify :(

I hope she's able to make it through the mental stuff. So tough to watch them struggle that way. DD just went to a gym camp recently and they had a "Mental Gymnastics" class that actually seemed to help DD (she tried some skills she's been balking at a lot). Who knows if it will carry on but it has me seriously looking into Doc Ali or something similar even though those programs are usually aimed at higher optional levels.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back