questions about tumbling

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

G

gymnastincali

heyy
I would like to take up tumbling i have been a artistic gymnast for about 9 years and have a talent for tumbling.. but i do have alot of questions & cant find much about tumbling online

My Questions are:

1. Can you just do power tumbling or do u have to do tramp as well?
2. How long is the tumbling strip?
3. What do u have to do exactly? ( How many passes and such)
4. What is needed for the following levels
-Level 7-10?

I would really appreciate it if someone gets back to me asap

Thank u so much :)

Yes, you can do power tumbling as a seperate sport. Trampoline is not like gymnastics. It does have 4 apparatus like gymnastics which are individual trampoline, double mini trampoline, synchronized trampoline and power tumbling. But in WAG you compete for an all around. In trampoline they are 4 seperate events. Many people only do one event.

A tumbling strip is 25 meters long and is a lot bouncier than a regular sprung gymnastics floor. So it may take a little getting used too, but when you do it will allow you to do things you could never dream of on the gym floor.

You need to do 2 8 skill passes. I don't know the requirements for the higher levels.

I am glad to see this info! We are looking at T&T or Power tumbling for my dd, as she may be quitting artistic. This made it all a bit clearer. I am going to ask about it at her gym today, as to what all events they are going to teach/compete. Right now she is deciding between this, comp cheer, and artistic. she feels that w/ cheer, she will still get some dance & music, which she would miss if she did t&t. And t&t seems even more individual (i.e., less team-oriented) than artistic, am I right?

thank u!!If u find out anything else it would be great if u posted it.
& is it like a rod floor?

Also yah iv been out of competing for almost two years and miss it terribly. I tried competitive cheer but it just didn't do it for me and I couldn't deal with all the catty girls

Hi gymnastincal! Check out my videos on youtube (sethnjadensmom) if you want to see examples of trampoline and power tumbling. My daughter competes USTA, but I'm guessing California competes USAG? We love it!

Hi gymnastincal! Check out my videos on youtube (sethnjadensmom) if you want to see examples of trampoline and power tumbling. My daughter competes USTA, but I'm guessing California competes USAG? We love it!

thankk u :]
i watched them she is amazing
i hope im not too old to start! hah im 16 will be 17 by next season

so is it a rod floor? or what exactly is it?

Jaden is really awesome! i looked at the usag website and i am a level 7 artistic (naturally good tumbler) and i could be a level 8+ tumbling! it looks so much fun! hard work too... as with everything, but still I love to tumble.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back