WAG Rash with the Cheetah Cups

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

htimcj

Proud Parent
My DD has developed a rash right where her Cheetah hill cup goes. She has been wearing them for about 4 months now with no problems then last night it is all red and bumpy. I told her to give it a break for a couple of days to see if it goes aways and we will wash the old one and her new one.
Has this happened to any one else?

It could be from excess heat and sweat, and friction from both. My younger DD has Cheetas, and she hates wearing them b/c they make her feet hot and sweaty and she has a hard time getting them off! DD found putting powder on her feet before wearing helps with the sweat and getting them off. If your DD hasn't tried it, I recommend it. Let us know how it goes.

Yes!!! Question, did it only start happening once you got her new ones? I have a feeling they must have changed the material they are made with. Only the new ones cause a red raised itchy rash.

It also might help to wear a sock underneath (with toe part cut off). Wearing a sock also seems to help getting the cup off at the end of practice.

It could be from excess heat and sweat, and friction from both. My younger DD has Cheetas, and she hates wearing them b/c they make her feet hot and sweaty and she has a hard time getting them off! DD found putting powder on her feet before wearing helps with the sweat and getting them off. If your DD hasn't tried it, I recommend it. Let us know how it goes.
I never have trouble getting them off, just on! My feet are so sweaty by the end of gym that they slide right off

call the company and ask them what changed. latex? different rubber compound??

"I never have trouble getting them off, just on! My feet are so sweaty by the end of gym that they slide right off"

Emilykatherine, Cheetah cups should fit pretty tightly. I would see if you're wearing too large a size. They are stretchy to stretch over your feet tightly. Still try powdering your feet (try the medicated body powder or plain cornstarch) it should fix it! Good luck:)

"I never have trouble getting them off, just on! My feet are so sweaty by the end of gym that they slide right off"

Emilykatherine, Cheetah cups should fit pretty tightly. I would see if you're wearing too large a size. They are stretchy to stretch over your feet tightly. Still try powdering your feet (try the medicated body powder or plain cornstarch) it should fix it! Good luck:)
I've worn them for years under lace up braces so even if they are too big they stay in place, I can't even imagine trying to get a smaller size on!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back