Reminder :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

To all the stressed out, competioned out, drama-d out parents, to all the frustrated, finger-crossing, worried coaches, and to the fearful, anxious, frustrated gymmies...
Breathe in, breathe out
And remember it is just gymnastics!
I know it is hard to believe, but the world will keep turning if your kid isn't invited to preteam, or if your gymnasts don't win the all around, or if you are having a mental block on a skill.
:)

Yes but... seriously if none of us had any fears, worries, annoyances or questions and chalkbucket was reduced to a forum for bragging and comparing leotard brands and congratulating each others offspring, would you actually read it?

While I agree with your comments about not overreacting when things go wrong, what do you mean its JUST gymnastics?

I think we do all sometimes need a little reminder. And yes, it is just gymnastics.

This year, one of our team coaches died suddenly in a car accident. Another coach's mom died suddenly about a month ago, and last week another coach's husband passed away after a long battle with cancer.

Our whole team (coaches, gymnasts, parents) all had a grave reminder that it is just gymnastics.
The plus side of it all is there has been virtually no "gym drama" this year because we are all too busy dealing with real drama.

I guess when we compare winning medals and getting asked to pre team to the tragedies around us, it helps put things into proper perspective and makes the certain disappointments easier to deal with. But also to diminish gymnastics to being all about winning medals, getting asked to pre team does gymnastics a grave disservice. I disagree that it is just gymnastics because gymnastics is not all about winning medals etc. To me and I hope to my daughter it teaches fortitude, tenacity, goal setting, time management, team work, self-value, builds self-esteem, deal with disappointments, just to name a few. I understand what the OP was saying and I am sure she or he meant no harm and merely wanted to be a voice of reason, but gymnastics is not JUST gymnastics.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back