Reminders from your coach

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

tumble&turn

Coach
Gymnast
I thought it would be fun to start a thread on what your coaches remind you to do most often.

So, list the top three things that your coaches remind you to do during gymnastics training.

Mine are
1. Point your toes
2. Slow down/ don't rush
3. Smile

1. Be Patient (if I had a dollar for every time this has been said to me....)
2. Bend your knees
3. Be patient (it is double listed for a reason :rolleyes: )

Only 3? :D

1. Squeeze!
2. Higher!
3. Those arms! or LEGS! Refering to my crazy arms when I twist and mt bendy legs when I do pikes.

1. Don't chuck your head
2. Heel drive!!!!!!! in layouts, handsprings on vault or anything requiring heel drive!
3. don't dive forward!! in front sault dismounts of beam or double fronts into the pit

Interesting! But just 3 reminders? Aww

1. Tight!!!
2. Don't make that face. Smile.
3. SQUEEZE your bum!

Nice thread, btw:)

I forgot one

BREATHE!!!!! When I am doing strength you will see my face going red because i'm forgetting to breathe haha

BREATHE!!!!! When I am doing strength you will see my face going red because i'm forgetting to breathe haha
I get that all the time too! Coach keeps telling me that, then in PE at school we were doing the pushup test and the teacher started yelling at me to breathe, I almost messed up because I was trying so hard not to laugh!

Interesting thread :)
Here's my coaches famous three:
1. SQUEEZE!!
2. Point your toes
3. "I have a goal for you..." (My coach seems to be very goal oriented- every time we get a skill, she is right there with something that she wants us to aim for next!)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back